There are so many great things about FCCLA and one in particular is the competition opportunities. FCCLA members have the opportunity to compete against other FCCLA members in Texas and the United States. There are two avenues for competition, STAR events and Proficiency Events.
Additional information about competition:
- Krum FCCLA is in Region II
- Scholarships are available
- Top 5 advance to the State Leadership Conference
- Top 2 at state advance to Nationals (held in the summer)
- If a member competes at the State Leadership Conference they have the availability to 'letter' in FCCLA or receive a patch.
- Co-Curricular with all Family and Consumer Science courses
- Same rule as UIL 'No Pass no Play'
Dates to Remember
Regional Leadership Conference: February 27-29, 2020
State Leadership Conference: April 2-4, 2020
National Leadership Conference: Washington D.C. July 5-9, 2020
Avery Mayhue has qualified to compete at the 2018-2019 FCCLA National Leadership Conference this summer in Anaheim, California.
Madeline Murray and Avery Mayhue competed April 4-5 in Dallas at the FCCLA State Leadership Conference.
Madeline Murray- Advocacy 4th Place
Avery Mayhue- Say Yes to FCS 1st Place.
Madeline Murray, Avery Mayhue and Rylee Hays competed February 22nd at the FCCLA Region II Regional Leadership Conference in Waco. All three competitors advanced to the State Leadership Conference in April.
Madeline Murray- Advocacy 5th Place
Avery Mayhue- Say Yes to FCS 1st Place
Rylee Hays- Nutrition and Wellness 2nd Place