Dual Credit is an opportunity for students to earn college credit and high school credit simultaneously.
- Any public, private, charter, or home school high school student
- College readiness in at least one testing area as evidenced with Qualifying Test Scores. The TSI Assessment is the most commonly used test. TSI Testing Request is available for high schools.
- Minimum high school GPA of "C" or higher
- Social and behavioral maturity for college level courses
- Dual Credit students must show college readiness in at least one testing area with Qualifying Test Scores. The TSI Assessment is the most commonly used test. TSI Testing Request is available for high schools that would like NCTC to come to their campus to test.
- Parents and counselors should be aware that college ready scores are not the only criteria for student success.
- Student must have the social and behavioral maturity for college level courses.
- Students with prior disciplinary or attendance problems, as defined by The Texas Education Code, section 25.92 Minimum Attendance for Class Credit, are not eligible to enroll in dual-credit courses.
Am I self-motivated?
Am I self-disciplined?
Am I a problem solver?
Do I have good study habits?
Do I have good time management skills
For questions regarding dual credit, please contact your counselor.
NCTC Dual Credit Coordinator: